Grass fed cow ghee is known to be called the “better butter”. There are many reasons why:
- Ghee contains more fat per gram than butter: one TBSP of ghee contains 14g fat compared to 1 12g in butter.
- Ghee offers a higher smoke point than butter: 485°F (252°C) versus 350°F (177°C) for butter.
- Cow ghee has a better shelf life: Grass fed is more shelf stable and can be preserved without refrigeration, saving you fridge space.
- Grass fed Ghee is suitable for those that are lactose intolerant: Ghee is clarified butter, so all the milk solids and proteins are filtered out. Many individuals with a lactose allergy can consume ghee fine but not butter.
- Grass fed organic Ghee contains vitamins, butyrates, and CLAs which are gut friendly and good for your health.
- Ghee contains Medium Chain Triglycerides ¹ (MCTs) and this is excellent in providing high energy levels and helping with cognitive functioning.